The Difference Between Old Ducting and New Ducting
While cleaning your ducts and vents is one step toward optimizing your indoor air quality to healthy levels, replacing old ducts with new ones will enhance the environment even more. Here’s a comparison between what old ducts can lead to and what new ducts offer to help you understand why it may be best to choose new ductwork that will help you breathe easier and live healthier.
- Vinyl and plastic lining leads to high leak potential
- The maximum R-value for insulation ranges between an inefficient 4 and 6
- Exposed jacket leads to duct sweating
- Usually undersized
- The lining is made from anti-microbial materials
- R-value for insulation measures at an efficient 8
- Ripstop material means it’ll last longer
- Ellington provides a lifetime installation warranty
Consider Investing in an Air Cleaning System
Another way to improve your indoor air quality is to invest in an air cleaning system. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, Ellington is able to offer one of the best systems on the market: the Trane CleanEffects air cleaning system. With a system like this inside your home, you’ll:
Remove 99.98 percent of the allergens from the filtered air.
Trap particles that are as small as .1 micron in size, which is small enough to catch a flu virus.
Reduce your need to dust your home by up to 50 percent.
Contact the HVAC Experts at Ellington for All Your IAQ Needs
Considering that the air inside your home can be up to 10 times more polluted than the air outside of it, it’s important that you make indoor air quality a priority to protect your respiratory health. For more information about the indoor air quality services we offer to residents in Brevard and Volusia Counties, the Florida Keys, and the surrounding communities, contact Ellington today.